With tough weather hitting our friends and neighbors hard in Buffalo, winter isn’t too far away. But are you ready?
- Have your furnace serviced
- Have your chimney inspected
- Large generators should be serviced annually while smaller ones should be tested. Never run them in the garage or too close to the house
- Clean out the gutters
- Cut tree limbs back and clean up yard debris
- Cover AC units to protect from damage
- Turn off exterior spigots and drain the supply lines
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace any detectors that are over 10 years old
- Inspect the roof and have any damage repaired
- Insulate supply lines that go through cold areas such as basements, attics & crawl spaces
- If your house will be unattended for an extended period during cold weather, shut off water and drain supply lines. Also arrange for a friend or neighbor to check on your home while you are away
We hope you have a safe and warm winter.